Sunday 3 March 2013

What an art director has to say...



This short video link has an insight into the life of Ian Milham, who is the art director at Visceral games. In my previous blog post, I had written about art directors, what purpose they serve, how they manage their teams of people etc. But I couldn’t find much out about what they want from artists/developers who work for them? What they like to see in a portfolio? And do they actually do any work, or is it their job just to sit and shout orders? Well this video goes deeper into acknowledging what an art director is, what they look like, sound like and how they behave. Plus it’s a bonus for me, watching a video on Visceral games, purely because they create Necromorphs for a living!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the link, and I hope you can see reference from my blog post "Game Design - Art direction..."






No comments:

Post a Comment